10:00 am - 2:00 pm 27/08/2016 Hooka Point, Berkeley NSW
Hooka Point on Lake Illawarra is a truly hidden gem in the Illawarra landscape. The Hooka Pt Bushcare crew (often only two keen ladies working their butts off), work to restore the endangered saltmarsh by removing weeds and collecting rubbish from the wetland and foreshore of the lake.
We thought we’d come and give them a hand and give the project a little boost with some youthful energy and top it all off with a little sight seeing and lunch at one of the largest Buddhist temples in the southern hemisphere – the Nan Tien Temple.
If you haven’t been to the temple, it’s a must do, and a perfect way to get your zen on after a morning of work doing good things for nature.
<< What you need to know >>
- Landcare will be from 10 – 12.30 pm
- Lunch will be from 1-2 pm
- Lunch will be at own expense
- All tools will be provided
- Please bring water, wear long pants, hat, long sleeves and wear closed in sturdy shoes.
- Regulars, bring your gloves, if you are new we will supply 🙂
- Change of clothes in case you get really filthy
Meet: Park in the car park on the corner of Holborn and Sussex St, or if you want to ride your bike, go for it! Let us know if you would like to car pool.
RSVP: Confirm by clicking ‘attending’ on the Facebook event.