9:00 am - 6:00 pm 09/04/2017 Whian Whian Rd Car Park, Whian Whian
Host Tribe: Northern Rivers Intrepid Landcare
Our Grass ‘n’ Creeks event has been created by young people, for young people, to act and lead with Landcare! We are excited to be working with Whian Whian Landcare and the Dorrobee Grass Reserve Trust to bring this day of Landcare, connecting to country, munching on local food, making new friends, hearing stories of cultural burns and most of all, fun!
- 8:45 am: Arrival at carpark
- 9:00 am: Meet at Whian Whian Landcare Site.
- 9:10 am: Intro’s, acknowledgement to country, site story from Whian Whian Landcare bringing us into the space
- 9: 30 am: Grab some gloves and get plantin’ & weedin’
- 10:30 am: Morning tea, pack your own goods
- 11: 00 am: Keep plantin’ & weedin’
- 12:30 pm: Creek swims/ nature stroll
- 1:20pm: Site swap —-> head to Grasslands Trust Reserve- Dunoon
- 1: 30 pm: Late lunch, local produce and hangs
- 2: 15 pm: Site introduction/ tour from Emma/ Oliver Costello- Firesticks project
- 2: 30 pm: Cultural burns storytelling with Oliver Costello
- 3: 00 pm: Environmental theatre with Tamlin
- 4: 30 pm: Slack line, hoola hoops, paint your fave landscape
- 5:00 pm: Wind down, wrap up with the wellness tent & Teleah
For full event details and to book on to this project click here.
To stay up to date on project banter, join the Facebook event here.