9:00 am - 3:00 pm 09/03/2019 - 10/03/2019 Camp Kariong, Kariong NSW
Are you based in NSW or ACT, part of an Intrepid Landcare group or Landcare / environmental volunteer group which is working with young people? Or keen to step into volunteer work for the environment?
Then you are invited to our NSW State Tribes Adventure over the weekend of the 9th* to 10th of March at Camp Kariong on the Central Coast NSW (ACT people also welcome).
*You are most welcome to arrive on the 8th to set up camp and hang an extra night.
When you register please email us to let us know how many nights you are camping at email@example.com
Hunter Intrepid Landcare with funding from Hunter Local Land Services is helping to cover the costs of this event to make it free! We will be hanging out with some epic leaders who will take us on some local adventures, share cultural knowledge and we’ll get our hands dirty with Clean4Shore to look after the local environment and discover ways you can have a positive impact.
This weekend will be all about having an awesome experience in nature while looking at the impact you want to have, and creating the projects that you want to show up to.
Topics we will weave into a weekend full of outdoor adventure will include:
- Getting ideas into actions – making stuff happen
- Promoting stuff that matters – media and marketing, how to (and how to get rid of those jitters and fears when you might have to speak….in public!)
- Gaining focus and purpose – how the hell do I choose what stuff to do and where do I even start!?
All of this will happen while we are:
- Camping in some stunning bushland
- Checking out local hikes and swimming holes
- Spotlighting for cool wildlife
- Sitting around the camp
- Hanging out with and meeting other amazing like-minded humans
- Getting involved in some local (and really fun!) Landcare
This adventure is for you if…
- You volunteer with Intrepid Landcare in NSW and the ACT (if you’re interstate and in the hood by all means come too!)
- You have been thinking of volunteering with Intrepid Landcare and 2019 is your year!
- You are a young person volunteering with other Landcare networks
- You are a young person leading on environmental change in your community and wish to connect with other like-minded young people around the state
All activities will officially kick off on Saturday, but you have the option to stay Friday night as well as Saturday, please let us know how many nights you will stay – the cost is covered for both nights
We will wrap up around 3pm Sunday
More details on the itinerary will be uploaded in the coming weeks.
What do we mean by ‘young’ here?
Anyone aged 18 to 30’s.
How much will all this cost?
- Accommodation will be free thanks to the generosity of Hunter Intrepid Landcare
- BYO food & snacks
- The cost of getting there and home will be at your own expense (we encourage car pooling)
- All activities will be free!
Where will we stay?
Surrounded by Brisbane Waters National Park we will be setting up camp here for the weekend:
There will be treated drinking water, fire pits (and wood) available for a camp fire (if conditions allow), there are trolly’s to walk your gear into the camp site available (this may be a few hundred meters away from the car park. It is a remote area.
Sign me up!
To RSVP for this event get yourself a Stickyticket HERE ASAP, there are limited places so get in quick!
Some please notes:
RSVPs close by the 6th of March
This is a drug and alcohol-free event
If you have any questions please contact Megan Rowlatt on 0412 532 817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Staying up to date
We will send you an email with what you need to bring and final details as the event approaches, but most updates will be posted in our Facebook event right here as well as emailed to everyone registered 🙂