6:00 pm - 12:30 pm 05/07/2019 - 07/07/2019 Mt Barney Wilderness Retreat, Maroon QLD
Brisbane Intrepid Landcare Mt Barney Wilderness Retreat will be held from Friday 5th July (6pm) – Sunday 7th July (lunchtime) … at Mt Barney!
- To avoid disappointment, please submit your expression of interest ASAP: Click here
- EOI to attend the wilderness retreat close 2nd June (midnight)
About the wilderness retreat
The wilderness retreat intends to connect young people aged 18 years to 30-something who are passionate and enthusiastic to take action for Brisbane’s habitat and biodiversity. Brisbane’s habitat and biodiversity are under threat from urbanisation, climate change and ongoing impacts such as invasive species, and there are lots of opportunities for you to make a difference!
To make these opportunities accessible we have packaged an epic wilderness retreat to walk young people through skills and techniques to restore habitat, fauna and flora surveys through to community engagement skills (how to co-design interesting and engaging projects to further engage communities in protecting Brisbane’s habitat).
Successful applicants for this wilderness retreat are being generously supported by Bulimba Creek Catchment Coordinating Committee, Mt Barney Retreat, Brisbane Intrepid Landcare and Intrepid Landcare. This support covers the organisation, accommodation and a carefully packaged wilderness retreat tailored to meet the needs of young people passionate about the environment. Catering is also provided, and there will be carpooling options from Brisbane, and we are asking for $50PP to cover food and fuel.
The brief rundown for the wilderness retreat:
- Friday night: arrive and settle in
- Saturday: bush regen in threatened and important habitat
- Saturday night: fire pit
- Sunday: introduction to community engagement and co-design a project to do!
Applications are essential as there are only 15 spots available. So, young people from Brisbane need to send in their EOI (close midnight 2nd June).
What might you get out of attending the wilderness retreat?
Led by our highly skilled and adventurous facilitators, you will be exposed to:
- Exploring what you are capable of doing
- Meeting rad new people, and making new friends and networks
- Hearing from inspiring legends who are doing great things for the environment
- Hands-on skills in restoring habitat
- Designing ways you can step up and create opportunities for you and your peers to work towards a more sustainable future
- You will be immersed in pretty spectacular nature
Should you have any questions please email email@example.com or call Ben on 0416 775 323
Brisbane Intrepid Landcare will be in touch by the 7th of June to inform you about the outcome of your expression of interest. Please note that there are only 15 spots available, and you might be placed on a waiting list, so please be prepared to be available on the weekend of the retreat should a place become available.
Please don’t be shy when responding to the expression of interest, be creative and best of luck!
Join the Facebook event, and tag and invite your mates.
This project is supported by Bulimba Creek Catchment Coordinating Committee, Mt Barney Retreat, Brisbane Intrepid Landcare and Intrepid Landcare.