9:00 am - 4:30 pm 30/08/2019 Jubilee Community Centre, Mackay QLD
Supported by Pioneer Catchment and Landcare Group, and Mackay Regional Council, Intrepid Landcare will be delivering a free training workshop to support volunteers, staff and the broader community to engage young people in Landcare and environmental initiatives.
The workshop aims to upskill people from a range of Landcare and environmental organisations, and will focus on developing a collaborative approach to co-designing and delivering projects that are appealing to a younger generation.
WHEN AND WHERE?
When: Friday 30th August 2019
Where: Jubilee Community Centre, Room 4 Mackay Meeting Room, Alfred St, Mackay
Time: 9 AM – 4.30 PM. Please arrive at 8.45 AM for a 9 AM sharp start
WHO IS ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP?
We encourage the following people to attend (but not limited to):
- Local Landcare Coordinators
- Facilitators of environmental initiatives
- Landcare volunteers and committee members (or other volunteers)
- Community engagement staff from other youth organisations, councils, farmer groups, education institutions, environment and outdoor recreation organisations
- Young people* in leadership roles in the community, young people involved in environmental projects, or youth representatives of interested organisations
- Anyone who is interested in engaging and supporting young people in the community to lead on local environmental issues
*Young people – late teens to thirty-something years old.
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
Participants will hear about the Intrepid Landcare model and gain skills and knowledge on how to engage the next generation.
We bring over 10 years experience in youth engagement, and have collated real-world knowledge, expertise and research in this space, that we now package into interactive workshops and resources we love to share with communities all over Australia.
PARTICIPANTS WILL GAIN THE FOLLOWING
A full day workshop including:
- Facilitation by Megan Rowlatt and Adam Woods, Intrepid Landcare
- Resources and advice for planning to attract youth
- Resources to help you in effective storytelling and communication
- Resources to help you plan, promote and deliver projects appealing to young people
- Resources to help you to support and nurture young people in your community
- A process to facilitate community collaboration and connection to relevant organisations and young people
Places are limited, bookings are essential.
To book your place on this free workshop, please contact Carla on 07 4944 1979 or 0438 425 990 or email email@example.com
Lunch & morning tea will be provided so please provide any dietary requirements with your booking.
This workshop is being funded by Mackay Regional Council’s Community Grants Program.