9:00 am - 4:30 pm 29/03/2017 - 03/04/2017
Supported by the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage, Intrepid Landcare has developed a training resource “Tips & ideas to support young people to create change”, to assist communities in NSW in their efforts to engage young people into Landcare and environmental initiatives. This resource will be rolled out across NSW with a series of workshops in four locations across the state.
The workshops aim to upskill people from a range of Landcare and environmental organisations to engage young people. Workshops will focus on developing a collaborative approach to co-designing and delivering projects that are appealing to a younger generation.
WHEN AND WHERE?
Workshops will run from: 9 AM – 4.30 PM. Please arrive at 8.45 AM for a 9 AM sharp start.
To book your tickets and for location details click on the details below:
Riverina (Wagga Wagga) – Wagga RSL, 26 Dobbs St & Kincaid Street, Wagga Wagga, NSW
Central West (Dubbo) – Central West Local Land Services, 98 Victoria Street Dubbo
North Coast (Nambucca Heads) – Valla Beach Community Hall, 1 Valla Beach Rd, Valla Beach, NSW
Greater Sydney – The Coal Loader, 2 Balls Head Dr, Waverton, NSW
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS WORKSHOPS?
Our primary audience is Landcare coordinators and other facilitators of environmental initiatives, but we would also like to include Landcare committee members, staff from other organisations, youth officers, and anyone who is interested in engaging and supporting young people in the community to lead on local environmental issues. Some organisations might also like to send youth representatives to the workshops so there is youth representation.
We encourage the following people to attend (but not limited to):
- Local Landcare Coordinators
- Facilitators of environmental initiatives
- Landcare volunteers and committee members (or other volunteers)
- Community engagement staff from other youth organisations, councils, farmer groups, education institutions, environment and outdoor recreation organisations
- Young people in leadership roles in the community or youth representatives of interested organisations
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
Participants will hear about the Intrepid Landcare model and gain skills and knowledge on how to engage the next generation.
PARTICIPANTS WILL GAIN THE FOLLOWING
A full day workshop including:
- Facilitation by Intrepid Landcare Co-founders Megan Rowlatt and Naomi Edwards
- Resources and advice for planning to attract youth
- Resources to help you in effective storytelling and communication
- Resources to help you plan, promote and deliver projects appealing to young people
- Resources to help you to support and nurture young people in your community
- A process to facilitate community collaboration and connection to relevant organisations and young people
Would you like to attend? Register your details by the 24th of March 2017.