6:30 pm - 8:00 pm 30/09/2020 - 14/10/2020
Header image: Nicolas Rakotopare
Do stuff that matters with Intrepid Landcare – yes even during a pandemic!
- Has 2020 got you down?
- Want to plan something to look forward to?
- Wondering where and how you can take action on stuff that matters for the environment in north-east Victoria and beyond?
Young people from all over Australia are taking an adventurous approach to protecting and restoring the environment in their local communities through Intrepid Landcare, and you can too. Landcare is a hands on approach to conservation and taking action, and many groups are making a significant difference for the future of our planet.
Join us for a series of free online events
When: 30 September 6.30 pm – 8.00 pm (1.5 hours)
Where: via Zoom (link provided once registered)
Join us for this free interactive online hangout where you will meet a range of awesome people already doing amazing stuff for the environment across Victoria. With a focus on invasive species and their impacts on the environment, you will gain some inspo about what might be possible and how you can get involved in looking after the environment across north-east Victoria and beyond.
When: 14 October 6.30 pm – 8.30 pm (please note the workshop will be 2hrs)
Where: via Zoom (link provided once registered)
Join us for a free online workshop where you will explore simple tricks, tips and practical tools to help you put ideas into action and create the change you want to see!
What is possible?
Hear from awesome people and learn about what other young people, experienced volunteers and professionals are doing across Victoria and Australia, find out what you can get involved in and what impact you can create as well!
Find your tribe
Meet like-minded people who also share a passion and interest in the environment, and find out what adventure awaits.
Turn your passion into action!
Learn practical ways you can make a difference, and turn your passions and ideas into action.
Is this for me?
Intrepid Landcare is a place where young people (late teens to 30-something) can come together, be part of and create the change they want to see in the world.
- Are you between 16 and 35 years, have an interest or already involved in land management or environmental activities?
- Keen to connect with a new network of like-minded people, have conversations that matter, and turn that interest into further action?
- Curious about what is already happening across Victoria, and love meeting new people?
Then YES. This is totally for you!
We acknowledge young people come with varying levels of experience, and many different skills, brilliant ideas and infectious energy, so come as you are! No prior experience is necessary to attend.
What you will get out of the online series
- Connection with people from diverse backgrounds who care about the environment and are doing stuff that matters
- Wisdom from those already working in this space who are committed to looking after the land
- Inspiration from other young people and what they’re getting up to
- Skills on how to host interactive sessions and design projects, both online and in-person once we can gather again!
- A break from the seriousness! We’ll defs be having some fun
What we invite you to bring…
- An open mind
- A can do attitude!
- Your ideas, skills and gifts
- A sense of humour
- An appetite for fun and adventure
- A willingness to try new things and support other people to try new things
I’m keen! What now?
Register via Humanitix below (click on the link)
Do I need to attend both sessions to get involved? Not necessarily. If you are just looking for some inspiration and want more information about what’s happening in Victoria, you are welcome to register just for the ‘What’s possible hangout’. If you are keen and ready to work with other young people and take action for the environment, you can register for both sessions. If you haven’t made up your mind about what you want to do and are just a little bit curious, attend the ‘What’s possible hangout’ and if you then feel pumped to do stuff that matters, there will be an opportunity to register for the ‘Taking action workshop’ afterwards.
Do the sessions cost anything? No. Both online sessions are free! This project is supported through the Rural City of Wangaratta in partnership with the Ovens Landcare Network with funding from the Australian Government’s Agricultural Competitiveness White Paper, the government’s plan for stronger farmers and a stronger economy.
Do I need any prior environmental or agricultural knowledge or experience? No. Anyone with an interest or passion for the environment is welcome!
Do I need to be from North East Victoria? No. Although we encourage young people from this region to attend, anyone from across Victoria who is interested in learning more about invasive species management and ways young people can look after the environment is welcome to join us.
What do I need to join these events? All you need is a stable internet connection or a reliable amount of data on your device, access to the latest version of Zoom, and working audio and visual on your computer or device. For the ‘Taking action workshop’ we will also use Google Docs.
For more information
If you have any other questions or need more information, please contact us at email@example.com