6:00 pm - 12:00 am 16/02/2018 - 18/02/2018 Royal National Park, Royal National Park NSW
Are you based in NSW or ACT, part of an Intrepid Landcare group or Landcare / environmental volunteer group which is working with young people?
Then you are invited to our NSW Intrepid Landcare Future Planning Retreat over the weekend of the 16th to 18th of February at Royal National Park in Sydney NSW (ACT people also welcome).
The legends at NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service and Greater Sydney Landcare Network have offered to help host and support us to run this weekend retreat bringing together young people from around the state to share our experiences and insights on our conservation adventures, discuss the challenges we face for the future of our environment locally and at large, and what projects we can create to make a difference.
This weekend will be all about you, looking at the impact you want to have, and creating the projects that you want to show up to.
We will also be checking out the stunning Royal National Park and helping out with a little conservation work in the park to get our hands dirty and give something back.
Facilitated by co-founder of Intrepid Landcare, Megan Rowlatt, and Greater Sydney Landcare Coordinator, Elisha Duxbury, you will be in good hands all weekend.
This retreat is for you if…
– You volunteer with Intrepid Landcare in NSW and the ACT
– You have been thinking of volunteering with Intrepid Landcare and 2018 is your year!
– You are a young person volunteering with other Landcare networks
– You are a young person leading on environmental change in your community and wish to connect with other like-minded young people around the state
What will go down over the weekend?
For those keen, you will have the option to arrive and chill out with us Friday night. Times and location will be provided shortly.
Saturday we will head out for some hiking and Landcare work in the park, taking in the sweet surrounds and giving back.
We will meet some of the rangers and talk about some of the issues in natural area management with a particular focus on national parks.
We will hear from you, about the epic adventures you have been on, what you’d like to experience more of and perhaps dive a little deeper into some discussion around what we are facing as young people in the landscape, what opportunities we can create for ourselves and other young people in our communities, and what projects we are interested in driving.
Sunday will involve some more nature-based activities and planning your projects for 2018.
Basically the aim is to chill, meet new peeps doing great things around the state and grow your network in person, have bulk fun and walk away with some big ideas so you can design your calendar of events to rock up to in 2018.
What do we mean by ‘young’ here?
Anyone aged 18 to 30’s.
How much will all this cost?
– Accommodation will be free thanks to the generosity of NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service – Camping / Cabin style (very basic, but we will have more info shortly on what you need to bring)
– Food will be catered for by Greater Sydney Landcare Network (but please bring any snacks etc. you wish to share, dinner Friday night will be at your own expense though)
– The cost of getting there and home will be at your own expense (we encourage car pooling)
– Park entry fees are $11 per vehicle per day (unless you have a valid NSW NPWS Annual Pass)
Where will we stay?
Royal National Park – location TBC
What will we eat?
You are welcome to bring your own food, but we are working on sourcing local healthy produce.
Sign me up!
To RSVP for this event get yourself a Stickyticket in the link above ASAP, there are limited places so get in quick!
RSVPs close by the 11th of February
If you have any questions please contact Megan Rowlatt on 0412 532 817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay up to date
We will send you an email with what you need to bring and final details as the event approaches, but most updates will be posted in our Facebook event, so make sure you join the conversation.